SLIDER

Life Right Now



Well guys and gals, The reason I haven't blogged much of anything is because not much has been going on. 
This is how Hope spent most of December.

Christmas was nice and for New Year's, Shawn & I stayed in and had a quiet night doing absolutely nothing. 

I did NOT make New Years Resolutions. Not because I am against them, they just aren't for me. I am a constant work in progress and as such I am always seeking to improve myself.
I am seeking to get my body in better shape. I don't really have a number or a size in mind, but I have an idea of what I seek for myself. Feeling better, more energy, better sleep.
More vegetables in my life, more protein, less sugar. More water, more tea, fewer artificial drinks. 





I've also reached the conclusion that life is too short to read crappy books. By crappy, I simply mean things that I don't get into. If I'm not captured, is is perfectly acceptable to move on to something I'd rather be reading. That's how I felt about An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England - I kept thinking "If I only had five years of life left, would I want to waste a single minute on this book? Nope." I did finish that one, but it was an interesting lesson in the value & importance of enjoying what you read. That doesn't necessarily mean reading only "fun" books - A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is one of the hardest, most depressing, and most satisfying books I've ever read. Love it. On the flip side, Heart of Darkness is also a classic and that was one of the worst books I've ever read. I honestly have no idea how it ever got published. Bridget Jones and Confessions of a Shopaholic are wildly chick-lit and full of fun and fluff, but also tell good stories. I've also read a lot of chick-lit that is nothing but poorly written, predictable tripe. 

I'm also working on embracing my hair instead of fighting it. I've never been much of a flat-iron girl and I actually avoid the dryer as much as possible as well. But I've decided that my hair is what is is and I am who I am. I don't like the way product feels in my hair and while I'd love to have Jennifer Aniston's hair, that is not even a little bit who I am. I am a pull-my-hair-back messy bun kind of girl the same way I am a jeans & tee shirt girl. 

So I guess for me, it's been a quiet couple of weeks, and for the new year I'm simply continuing what I've already been working on - always growing, improving, and learning to accept myself. 

No comments

Post a Comment


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.