SLIDER

Sunday Confessions 7-3-16



The United States of Becky


I confess: I'm not really all that fussed about July 4th. I am well aware of the failings of the founding fathers and how they were rich white men and blah blah blah. When I think about the American Revolution, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Star-Spangled Banner, I get very goosebumpy with patriotism and love for my country.
And then society happens and I'm both outraged and embarrassed on so many levels. This is me when I read the news.



I confess: I have been considering the idea of a second instagram account, this one private and dedicated to my fitness, health, stuff, etc. 

PROS: 
~One place for all that stuff/won't be in my feed annoying people who get sick of it, is available for those who are interested.
~Can stick to related 'grammers, etc. 
~I have had difficulty in finding much, if anything, on instagram that is actually useful/helpful/inspiring when it comes to fitness & health for super beginners (actual beginners). I think that would be good and there are a lot of awesome people on instagram & the internet.
CONS:
~Managing another instagram account.
~I am kind of a firm believer in showing the full person, rather than isolating a certain area. I'm not sure. I know compartmentalizing is easier and better for some people, but I'm not sure if it will work for me. I generally prefer to see all sides of a person rather than just an ongoing journal of ate/drank/workout/weight-in. (That would not be my account, even if I do create a separate one.) 
~If I were to do a fitness/health directed account, I would probably end up sharing more, i.e., more "body" pictures, more "how my clothes fit," "how little I am able to work out under the dictates of doctors" type pics, and that shit is SCARY for a lot of reasons, not the least of which being people.

So I don't know. I'd kinda like your feed back. What do you guys think? If I made a special account for that stuff, would you follow it, would you be interested? I do think it's cool to show a whole person though. So....let me know your thoughts.

idk shrug i dont know i dunno





No comments

Post a Comment


© The United States of Becky • Theme by Maira G.